Thursday, April 18, 2013

Days 9 and 10: Yesterday was our anniversary...14 years of marriage! I can only say I'm doing this with God's help...it is NOT my strong will power, I am so weak when it comes to succumbing to sugar! I associate dates with David with ... ice cream! There is a yummy ice cream store...American quality...in the mall that is walking distance. We went to the mall and got something to eat, but I didn't glance at the ice cream store. It was a bit hard as I think 90% of the people who go to the mall go to get ice cream, so it seems like you're always seeing something yummy go by in the hands of someone.

As a snack, we got some arepas, and we asked first if they had sugar in them. The guy said they don't add sugar, but that they use sweet corn meal. Well, we ate them, and so I'm not sure if I cheated or not.

Today has been easy.

The only strange thing is that I have felt slightly nauseous ever since about 2 days into this. Not terrible, just a slight nausea, and not all the time. I stopped taking my iron supplement, thinking maybe that was doing it, and I don't think it has really helped. Not even sure it's related. Maybe it's a virus or I have some nice parasites or something, who know.



1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! I just read todays post but am looking forward to reading about your entire journey! BTW I came across this recipe: Two ingredient cookies: 2 large bananas mashed, 1 C rolled oats mix and bake at 350 for 12 - 15 minutes. Would that be considered no sugar or are you counting fruits? (We added choc. chips to ours which is definitely off plan but I thought raisins would be good too)

    ReplyDelete