Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 13: I don't know what happened to Days 11 and 12. I really don't. Life is busy, isn't it? Anyways, the night before last I dreamed something...all very vague now...but something like I was making cookies with the kids, and I first took a little finger- dip-ful of dough, then another, then scoops of it, then polished off like a dozen cookies. I woke up feeling like "Rats, I REALLY blew it big!". I cannot tell you the joy I felt when I realized it was just a dream!

Today went fine...I had to go get copies made for Sunday School, and have some books spiral bound for a fellow teacher. As I waited and waited...and waited and waited because a) customer service is not what it is in the states, the lady seemed to be twin to a turtle, and b) they all kinds of printer problems, she cleared the same jam like hundreds of times, the candy they sell looked more and more tempting. The hour was getting later and later and I was getting more and more hungry. Good thing I had Meleah with me, who is also doing the no sugar challenge, or I might have caved under the excuse of buying a snackie-poo for whatever child I had with me. Instead we went to the dollar store, and I got her a pair of binoculars, and took her out to look at the stars. Of course, it had to be a super cloudy night, so at best we got a clouded view of the moon. But hey, the cheesy moon IS sugar free! Side note, I'm very proud of Meleah, because when I told her that her Aunt Bethie was just starting the 2 week no sugar challenge, and that I was going to go it with Bethie, adding on 10 more days, she said she wasn't going to stop either.

Sounds ridiculous, but I am dreading when they try to pass me the sugary drink after teaching Sunday School tomorrow. So far that has been the hardest thing to pass up. I do bring a bottle of water, but by that time I'm always parched from trying to maintain control of 17 zero-eight year olds and am usually rather hungry because my snack alarm starts to go off.

The good news today is I noticed a definite improvement in my desire to snack between breakfast and lunch. I didn't have (or want) a mid-morning snack today! And I've lost like 4 pounds. Still have about 11 to go, so not great, but I'll take it. I'm back to my pre-United States trip weight! Buy-buy BurgerKing Blubber!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are going it with me. Honestly it helps me SO much!

    ReplyDelete